Sunday, November 09, 2008

Trying not to drink the Kool-Aid

I came to a sad realization a while back: When it comes to career/school, I'd rather endure an unhappy, but otherwise predictable and stable present than take a risk on an unknown future. There are reasons for these coping mechanisms I've developed, but that doesn't make them any less annoying. Well, I decided coping mechanisms be damned, I was applying to grad school and getting the hell out of my job (this liberal lesbian managed to get a job on the only campus in the Twin Cities with more McCain than Obama signs in dorm room windows). I got the acceptance letter last weekend and Pfunk and I decided this week that we should move into a bigger apartment before I start school. Two big changes that require action on my part. This is my Insta-Anxiety Solution: Just add change.

Today was my first meltdown. I'm lucky I have the most patient girlfriend on the planet.

5 comments:

Schmiddy said...

Hang in there, and congrats on grad school!

Aust said...

Way to go! You can do it. Go team!!

Paige said...

I have all the faith in the world in you luv... No worries! :-) YOU CAN DO IT! :-)

Coryq said...

If you need help moving, let me know. I even have my own two-wheeler.

Smitty said...

Thanks for all your support! It is great to have such supportive friends.