Friday, May 02, 2008

Where my "227" viewers at?

So we had a training in another building today and on the way out the door, one of my co-workers asked if anyone knew the room number where the training was.

"227, like the TV show," I said.

None of them knew what I was talking about! Please tell me there are some people out there that remember 227. It was show about the residents of an apartment building. The address number was 227.

I used to call my college roommate "Pearl," after the feisty and nosey old lady on 227 who was always at her window talking to passersby. We lived on the ground floor of a dorm my roommate would lean out the window and talk to people as they walked by.

6 comments:

Schmiddy said...

Totally know that show!

CoryQ said...

Yeah, about 1984 or so. Starred Marla Gibbs and Jackee' Harris (she still had a last name back then as I recall). That stoop always reminded me of Sesame Street.

Bird said...

I think I may have seen it once when I was 5.

Schmiddy said...

Bird, that is harsh. No need to point out the writer's elderly age. :)

chinesetwine said...

I LOVED 227! My third grade teacher & I would quote it to each other! I mostly remember Rose & Sandra!

Anonymous said...

I use to watch it all the time with my family