Monday, April 21, 2008

I have a thermos-shaped indent in my side...

...and it smarts! I bought a fancy new thermos while vacationing in TN. It sat on the shelf for a month until I left my insulated coffee mug at work one day and needed to put my coffee into something the next morning. Turns out that the thermos keeps the coffee warmer longer and using the thermos cap as a cup has a dainty feel to it, like using a Japanese tea cup. So I've ditched the insulated mug entirely. So perhaps it isn't surprising that when walking back from a staff meeting on Friday, my brain told my arm to clutch the Thermos tighter under my arm instead of dropping in the mud when I lost my footing. Long story short, in a spectacular fall that involved running about 5 more steps after the initial trip, all the while still falling, I fell on the thermos that was tucked under my left arm like a football (my hands were full), such that there's a visible bruise on my ribcage and my sternum aches with every hiccough, sneeze or random movement. But the thermos went unscathed. It is a pretty awesome thermos afterall.

4 comments:

CoryQ said...

Sorry about your ribs!

Yeah, nothing beats a good thermos.

Schmiddy said...

Ouch. Also, here's another place I can say happy birthday! :)

chinesetwine said...

Yes! Happy birthday! CoryQ - it was nice to meet you on Friday!

CoryQ said...

It was nice to meet you as well chinesetwine!