Sunday, November 11, 2007

So I had this dream/nightmare the other night...

It started off in a German beer garden. I see an American woman who is trying to figure out which bathroom is the women's restroom because the signs are in German and she can't read them. I remember thinking she was an obnoxious American, not because she couldn't read German, but because of the way she was asking for help. She was speaking really loudly in English and drawing a picture of a woman and then pointing to some doors that weren't even the bathroom doors. At some point I realize that my girlfriend is also at the beer garden, but she's not sitting with me. I feel disconcerted that she's not sitting with me. Is she mad at me? I'm not sure.

Cut to...

My girlfriend kissing her ex-girlfriend! WTF?

Cut to...

My mom and I are on a tandem bike of some sort, except only my mom is peddling, but I have my own seat. My mom is in front and I'm holding onto the hood of her sweatshirt while holding up a flashlight to light our way. We are looking for my girlfriend who has gone missing. While on the bike we pass her ex and a bunch of their friends who are also out looking for her. I'm feeling pretty panicked when we see this little girl on the side of the road. She is very pale, barefoot, wearing a white dress. She is trying to flag my mom and I down, saying that she needs help. All I can say is that this girl is creepy. Like the twin girls in The Shining kind of creepy (except there is only one of her). My mom and I instinctively don't stop, deciding that we'll go around the block one more time. If we don't find my girlfriend and the little girl is still asking for help when we come back around, we'll stop. I keep thinking the girl has something to do with my girlfriend's disappearance and I really don't want to go into the little girl's house. My mom and I circle around and just as we are about to come around the bend where the little girl will be...

...the alarm clock goes off!

I roll over and ask my girlfriend why she was kissing her ex. I've been giving her shit about it for days (jokingly).

Anyone out there in cyberspace do dream analysis?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That is a wild dream!

coryq said...

Oh, I have all sorts of things to conjecture about this. I'll talk to you about it in person though, because I am too lazy to type it all out.

There are definetley some symbolic stuff in there.