Tuesday, October 23, 2007

She's not even correct. I only get Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off. The Catholics don't give a shit about Jesus at all.

My mother's response when I called her up and said I think I need to quit my job at the Catholic University sooner than I planned because I'm in danger of causing permanent damage to my body as the result of repetitive stress injury?

"But you have so many days off at Christmas."

Well, shit, do I have my priorities wrong. My concern is bowing out before my hands turn into gnarled talons; your concern is my availability at Jesus' birthday party. Who cares if I'm there to open Christmas gifts if I'm physically incapable of opening them?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

You're back and I love it. However, I don't love that you are injured that badly. Boo to that.

coryq said...

Don't worry... Jesus will fix that for you!

Paige said...

jan Jan JAN...You just don't get it!

chinesetwine said...

YAY!!! I missed my Jerky Tourniquet!

I hear you on the c. tunnel, dude. I had to get a wrist support thingy.