Friday, October 26, 2007

Joe would be the "poor, sad, opportunistic, bearded dude" on the right

So a few years back I went home for Christmas and ran into my friend Joe. Known him for years. Joe and his wife were counselors for my church youth group all through my middle school and high school years. His father taught my Bible study class. When I asked Joe what he was up to these days, he said,

"I'm a celebrity photojournalist."

I was like, "So, what you're telling me is that you're paparazzi."

Turns out a photo he'd taken of Alyssa Milano was in that week's issue of US Weekly.

Since then, I've received updates on his career from him and other members of my church whenever I'm home. He told me about flying to Hawaii to photograph Matt Leblanc's wedding. When I went home for my sister's baby shower I found out that he'd taken the infamous photo of Britney Spears driving with her baby in her lap! Remember how she blamed that decision on being chased by the paparazzi? Joe was that paparazzi! If you google his last name and his agency, tons of photos come up. Sometimes I flip through People or US Weekly and check the photo credits and find his name.

Just last week I watched the video of Britney Spears running over a photographer's foot just to make sure it wasn't him!

Today I received an email from my mom entitled "Joe on the Daily Show." He was featured in a segment about celebrity "exhaustion." Check it out:


1 comment:

coryq said...

Hmm. An interesting carrer path diversion your friend has taken.