Thursday, August 09, 2007

Vote 4 Jesus

I feel like a lot has happened since I last blogged. I went to Chicago, went camping, there was what I'm calling the "week of making lesbian amends" and the 35W bridge collapse and subsequent Red Cross volunteering. So there's a lot to catch up on. But I'm currently exhausted and want my blogs to be coherant. And if I write about the Red Cross stuff, I want to word it carefully out of the respect for the Red Cross (who ultimately do great work, but I find myself having a love-hate relationship with) and of course, respect for the victims and their families.

So, I leave you with a blog entry that shows little to no respect for the Catholic University where I work! Cuz, fuck 'em.

So, the University has been renting out the vacant domortories for the summer and there have been a lot of sports camps and such on campus. A couple weeks ago, when Pfunk arrived to pick me up at work so we could leave directly for Chicago, I saw a large group of kids wearing "Vote 4 Jesus" T-shirts on the front steps of my building. I exited the side door, where I met up with Pfunk.

I joked, "Hey, there's a bunch of kids in "Votes 4 Jesus" T-shirts, let's go make-out in front of them. Then I leaned in for a kiss (still in the relative safety of the side entrance).

When I was about 2 inches from her lips, Paige said, "There is a priest right behind you."

"Excellent!" I replied, and finished the kiss.

The priest, did a triple-take, but kept on walking.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Way to finish strong! I eagerly await future blog entries. :)

CoryQ said...

I wonder if anyone has printed up any "Make Out 4 Jesus" shirts...