Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The women in my family need to chill and stay put

My grandmother had a stroke in February. And in the last 4 weeks, my sister and my mom have had overnight stays in the hospital with mitral valve prolapse palpitations and stroke-like symptoms, respectively. Everybody needs to calm down and get their circulatory systems under control because I need them around for at least a century or more, or they're going to give me a god-damn heart attack. Damn! (Positive thoughts are requested. If you pray, you can do that too)

3 comments:

coryq said...

(postive thoughts... postive thoughts... postive thoughts... postive thoughts...)

chinesetwine said...

I am so sorry to hear that!! I am of course sending magic sparkles your family's way . . .

Smitty said...

Thanks for the positive thoughts and magic sparkles! My mom was released from the hospital yesterday. Her CAT scan, MRI and EKG all show no signs of stroke or other abnormalities. Which is, of course, awesome. The only problem being that there is currently no known cause of her symptoms (which have since disappeared). Same thing happened with my sister's heart palpitations a couple weeks ago. Tests showed no obvious problem or cause, symptoms went away on their own.