Saturday, March 10, 2007

Kristy Kruger

I know this girl Kristy. She went to college with my friend Meghan. When I used to visit Meghan at USC, and when I ended up moving to California, I used to hang with Kristy occasionally. She stayed with me a couple times when she had gigs in the Bay Area. I once watched her spontaneously join a Karoke contest at the White Horse in Oakland. She would've won, if it was based on singing talent alone. But being a cheesey gay bar, she lost to the Sinatra impersonator. She sounds a bit like Neko Case and she has a great song called "Bitches and Assholes" that she once performed while sitting on my kitchen floor. Anyhow, she is a cool gal and needs help with her upcoming tour. This is what she had to say:

Hey everyone, Just wanted to ask you all to post this bulletin to your friends as well, if you can, or post on other web sites, etc. Over the next year and a half or so, I am going to perform a memorial concert for my brother who was killed in Iraq, Lt. Col. Eric John Kruger in all 50 states. I need all the help I can get, in terms of finding places to play, etc. in different cities (the small towns too). So, if you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Also, here are some shows coming up, so please join us, if you can or pass this info along to your friends in these areas. Thanks!
To find out tour dates, go to:www.kristykruger.com/calendar.htm
Mon. Mar. 12th
Mimi's in the Marigny
2601 Royal St.
New Orleans, LA 70117
10pm-1am
504-942-0690
with Soda, Leslie, and Rose's Pawn Shop myspace.com/leslieandthebadgers
No cover, Donations accepted to the Memorial Fund for Children of LTC Eric Kruger
Official SXSW Showcase
Sat. Mar. 17th, 10PM
"The Tap Room at Six"
117 W. 4th St. (at Congress)
Austin, Texas 78701

No comments: