Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Fingers...stiffening...toes...losing...feeling

It is currently 6 degrees Fahrenheit in Minneapolis. With a high of 13 and low of 3 predicted for the day. That is before wind chill. This isn't actually that bad for January in Minnesota; at least we aren't in the negative integers. But the furnace in my office seems to be struggling to keep up in this cold snap. I'm currently typing this while wearing a parka, with a space heater propped up over our cubicles. I'm just putting this blog out here now in case anyone wonders why the admissions processing department seems to have ceased all output: it is because our bodies slowly shut down until we were in permanent hibernation mode.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Walking to my office this morning, I smiled at someone & I think my teeth froze. I had to swirl spit in my mouth to regain feeling...
TMI, huh?

coryq said...

Wuss. When I was a kid, it was -20F as a high for about 6 months of the year. I also had to walk up hill, both ways, 90 miles to school. And I didn't have shoes. And all we had to eat was saw dust. And our ipods were actually just rocks we held up to our ears. And if you got hypothermia people accused you of being lazy. Yeah, those were the days...