Monday, October 09, 2006

Um. No.


My BFF and I went to Ikea (or Dykea, as we like to affectionately refer to it) tonight. Even though my SLIPAD Design D Crafoord/ U Vejbrink knives only cost $2.59, I still had to pay with a card. As I was signing the touch screen of one of those self-serve card swipey thingys, the palm of my right hand accidentally hit "Enter" before I was done. I informed the cashier, who jokingly told me that the machines were made for left handed people.

I joked back, saying, "Well that makes sense because all Swedish people are left handed."

To which she sincerely responded, "Really?".

2 comments:

CoryQ said...

How could that sales person NOT know all Swedes are left handed? I mean Minnesota is full of Swedes and Norwegians and everybody knows that sort of thing... Hell, next she'll be amazed that a former Viking is on the MN Supreme Court bench... geez.

Anonymous said...

This is your bff or bffttb. I actually did know that all Swedes are left handed. Thats why none of them live past 42 1/2. They're awkward lives are cut short in misshaps involving tools and home devises designed for right handers...aka God's chosen people.