Thursday, October 12, 2006

From the creators of Godforesaken Park...


... another seemingly pointless and interminable film, Swimming Pool. Actually, Gosford Park feels like freakin' Terminator II compared to this one. At least in Godawful Park the viewer got to learn (way more than we ever cared to) about the social nuances of servants and guests interacting at an upscale dinner party. That and it stars Professor McGonagall. All we get in the first 35 minutes of Swimming Pool is a dowdy, uptight Englishwoman scarfing down more yoghurt than should be safe for any human to consume.

3 comments:

CoryQ said...

Two things...

or a pair of things...

Well, two points...

Uh, first off, the poster for the movie is nice. I do like boobs.

Third, Maggie Smith is the only person to have won an Oscar for playing an Oscar winner.

(I'm doing this on my lunch break. I need professional help.)

Smitty said...

I'm liking the larger font on this entry, how bout you CQ?

What film are you referring to? It is so unlike you to not just be a full out smartie pants and spit out all the facts at once.

CoryQ said...

She won her first Oscar for "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie", and her next Oscar was for "California Suite" where she is hold up in a hotel on Oscar night where she is a nominee.

Sometimes I am a tease. What can I say?

The larger font is easier to read and it makes it look like you have written more than you have. I approve.