Thursday, September 14, 2006

"Bossy" by Kelis, feat. Too $hort

"It's bout time that she get with me/ Can't stop starin, she's fine and she's pretty."

These are part of the profound lyrics that make up the song, Bossy. That line always sticks out to me because it sounds so redundant. Personally I think pretty is a pre-requisite to being fine. If a woman is described as fine, you already know she's pretty. However, one can be pretty, but at the same not be FINE. You know, so fine that you pronounce "fine" so that it rhymes with "coin." But in order to be fine, you must first be pretty. So the lyric would make more sense to me if reversed. She's pretty and she's fine. She's not just pretty, she is hella fine. But then the lyric wouldn't rhyme which is certainly problematic.

I'm just sayin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am too lazy to type it all out here, but next time we are in the same room (like, tomorrow) have me explain the three classifications of attraction: cute, hot, and attractive. I think what the artist is trying to say is the girl is both hot and cute. This will all make sense in time.
CoryQ